The Church Building
The site of the church has a long history, probably stretching back well over a millennium. There is evidence that the church before the present one was built in 1521. The tower is all that remains of the previous building. The present church, consecrated in 1852 by the Lord Bishop of Ripon, consists of a nave, sanctuary, north and south aisles in the early Perpendicular style to correspond to the 16th Century.
Reordering and wider use of the church building have been on the agenda of the PCC for several years. The PCC recently reached agreement on the plans for the first phase of re-ordering. This phase will include a new kitchen, meeting room, storage area and new toilet facilities with provisions for disabled people and baby changing.
Please browse the pages in this section to learn more about the history of the church and its people.